Welcome to the Buckhead Gymnastics Center. We are pleased to have the opportunity to teach your child this exciting sport. Our goal is to provide a quality gymnastics program in a safe and fun learning environment. Our instructors promote a positive learning experience as well as the achievement of solid gymnastics skills.
To ensure your child’s safety, our program follows proper lead-up progressions and uses appropriate safety mats and spotting techniques. The following information has been prepared for you so that you may better understand our program’s policies and daily procedures.
- GYMNAST ATTIRE: GIRLS: Leotard – Barefoot. Footless tights and bike shorts are permitted. NO BOWS, JEWELERY OR WATCHES. HAIR MUST BE PULLED UP AND AWAY FROM THE FACE. BOYS: T-shirt and gym shorts (no belts). Barefoot.
- DROP OFF & PICK UP: All children must be escorted into the building by an adult upon arrival. Children are not allowed to leave the gym unless they are escorted by a coach or an authorized pick-up person for the child. CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR THEIR RIDE.
- OBSERVATION: Parents, friends and siblings are not allowed in the gym during class. The gymnasts can be easily distracted, which can result in safety problems. Parents and siblings may watch classes from our lobby viewing area. Any child under the age of 15 must be supervised while on the premises of BGC at all times.
- ATTENDANCE: Please arrive on time. Warm-ups are a very important part of class.
- TUITION: BGC has 2 sessions during the school year. Each session offers 18 classes. Once you are enrolled and paid for a session, you are enrolled for the school year unless you do not pay for the next 18 week session by the due date. You will be notified by email when the next session’s fees are due. BGC does not automatically take payment with your auto pay information for Rec. session 2. You have to manually pay for Rec. session 2 yourself. If payment is not received your child’s name is dropped from the list for the next session.
- MEMBERSHIP FEE: A $45.00 membership fee is due for each participant upon initial sign-up and there after each year at fall session. Families with more than one participant will pay $35.00 2nd child, then $25 3rd child. This is a non-refundable fee.
- REFUNDS: A refund may be issued up to the 6th week of the session minus a $50.00 deposit fee and any classes missed or taken. After the 6th week of the session, NO refunds will be made of any kind unless a written medical excuse is submitted to BGC. Camp Refunds: Summer camp payment is refundable minus $50 up to 1 week before the camp. If you cancel the week before the camp or the week of the camp, no refund will be issued.
- RETURNED CHECKS: For returned checks, there is a $20.00 fee that will be added to the amount due.
- GYM SHOW: Our annual gym show will take place in the spring. A recital fee will be added to the Recreation Session 2. The recital fee will include the cost of the leotard and production expenses. The Gym Show dates are listed on the Calendar of Events, which can be found on our web site.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES: BGC offers fun filled birthday parties for ages 4 – 12 years of age. For more information, contact the front office.
- CAMPS: We offer camps throughout the summer. Camps are provided for ages 4 - 12. Aftercare is provided for ages 5 - 12. Children under the age of 5 cannot attend camps for more than 4 hours a day according to the GA Department of Early Care and Learning.
- MAKE-UP CLASS: BGC does not provide make-up classes for participants who miss their scheduled class or for cancellations due to weather.
- AUTOPAY: If online payment is made or autopay information is provided, this facility is able to charge your credit card account. A 40 day written notice is required to terminate autopay billing before the next session begins and you are responsible for payment whether or not your child attends classes until you notify this facility in writing to drop your student from the classes.
- Gymnasts are not allowed to go on any equipment at any time until they are instructed to do so during class.
- If a gymnast is not feeling well or gets hurt during class, he or she should inform the instructor immediately.
- Please inform BGC staff of any medical problems, allergies, or medications your child is taking that we should know about.
- All children MUST BE SUPERVISED while on the premises of BGC. Siblings or friends not participating in class may wait in the lobby area with an adult.
- Closing for Inclement Weather: We follow Atlanta Public School closings for severe weather conditons.
To ensure the health of our students and employees, we ask that you follow our sick policy. If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, do not bring your child to class/practice. If a child is brought or becomes ill at BGC, we will contact you to take your child home.
Symptoms that a child needs to stay home or be sent home from BGC:
- A fever of 100.0 or higher. Child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to BGC.
- Green, yellow, or brown mucus running from the nose, eyes or mouth. If child has been on antibiotics for 24 hours, he/she is allowed to attend class/practice.
- Coughing, with or without congestion, uncontrollably.
- Diarrhea or a loose stool. Child may not return to BGC unless the child has gone 24 hours without diarrhea.
- Vomiting or stomach flu. Child may not return to BGC unless the child has gone 24 hours without vomiting.
- A questionable rash or bumps on the skin. Parent must bring Dr.'s note to explain rash and that it is not contagious.
- Lice or eggs on the scalp or hair.